Now in its 59th year, NSW Seniors Festival is the largest festival for seniors in the Southern Hemisphere, reaching up to 500,000 seniors each year.
If you are over 60, NSW Seniors Festival gives you the chance to make new friends or get together with old ones at an array of local community events, many which are free or heavily discounted.
Presented by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS), NSW Seniors Festival is designed to celebrate the role seniors play and the contributions they make to the NSW community, aligning to the policy objective of inclusive communities.
Every year during NSW Seniors Festival, government, community and commercial organisations hold hundreds of events across the state, encompassing art, sport, music, entertainment, technology, recreation, health, good nutrition and much more!
2017 Dates and Theme
NSW Seniors Festival, formerly NSW Seniors Week, runs for 10-days from Friday 3 March to Sunday 12 March 2017.
The theme for the 2017 Festival is let’s do more together.
Who is NSW Seniors Festival for?
- people over 60
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders over the age of 50
- people over 50 that have a lifelong disability
Each year, FACS directly supports around 800,000 people, reaches a further one million people through local community-based programs, and provides over a million Seniors Cards.
Our work is broad and challenging. Every day we strive to improve lives by supporting:
- people with disability, so they can realise their potential
- children and young people, so they have the best possible start to life and are protected from abuse and neglect
- people in vulnerable circumstances, so they have suitable, stable and sustainable accommodation and services that support them to overcome disadvantage
- communities to become more resilient and inclusive
- families, so they are safe from domestic, family and sexual violence
- Aboriginal people, so they have the same social and economic opportunities as other Australians
- seniors, so they experience the benefits of living longer
Join us at the 2017 NSW Seniors Festival Expo. It’s a FREE event right next door to the Premier’s Gala Concerts so you can enjoy both occasions on the same day. The Expo will give you a glimpse into the latest trends and innovations in wellness, health, lifestyle, technology, education, travel and more.
TV & Radio Broadcaster Susie Elelman and Rhythmboat’s ‘Tom’ Cruise Director will host non-stop entertainment on stage over the two days of the Seniors’ Festival Expo.
In addition to the NSW Police Band, the stage will feature live interviews and performances from the elite of the entertainment industry, including Frank Ifield, comedian Bob Downe and the ABBA Tribute Band. Come along for your chance to win thousands of dollars worth of prizes. View the full Rhythmboat live stage program.
With up to 50 exhibitors on the day, there’ll be plenty of giveaways, great show bargains and interactive sessions to inform and inspire you. View the full list of exhibitors.
A NSW Seniors Card or another form of identification is a requirement of entry to the Expo. The Expo is open to everyone to attend.
Tue 7 March 9.00am – 4.00pm
Wed 8 March 9.00am – 4.00pm
International Convention Centre Sydney
Exhibition Hall 4, 14 Darling Drive, Sydney
More information: http://www.nswseniorsweek.com.au/events/expo