Flossophy 101 – We explain the importance of flossing
5 reasons you should Floss your teeth!
“Ever heard of the saying that you only floss the teeth you want to keep?”
Did you know that flossing does more than preventing tooth decay and gum disease? Watch this video to find out how a simple piece of floss can improve your long term health.
- Prevent Tooth Decay! A tooth has 5 surfaces, you can only effectively clean 3 of them with a toothbrush. The 2 surfaces that do not get cleaned build up with bacteria which over time may cause tooth decay.
- Prevent Gum Disease! Food and junk may get stuck in the tiny pockets between your teeth and gums. If this doesn’t get removed it may move below your gums and cause inflammation and bleeding gums which if left unchecked can lead to Gum Disease.
- Save you money! Flossing, brushing and have a low sugar diet the chances you will have holes in your teeth are really low. Dr Fiona believes good oral hygiene may prevent a toothache and wallet-ache!
- Makes Dental Cleans More Pleasant! If you have a hard build up of tarter this may be unpleasant to be removed at your dental visit. Flossing will remove the soft plaque before it hardens and builds up to form tartar.
- Prevents other health issues! Bacteria that causes oral disease can also harm the rest of your body causing complications in diseases such as heart disease or diabetes.
Flossing only takes a few minutes every day. It is just a small step that can have a huge impact on your oral health.
Watch our recording now: